Details & Qualifications
- Tour drivers start at $120 a day for an 8 hour tour ($15/hr)
- Drivers keep their tips which are usually between $5 – $20 per person
- Drivers receive a $30 bonus for 5 star reviews on Yelp or TripAdvisor
- Employees are enrolled for TDI and Workman’s Comp
- Drivers can increase their base pay $6/day ($0.75/hr) per qualification, by getting any combination of the following qualifications (As of 4 Oct, 2017, I’m limiting the pay increases to 3, if you are also getting medical insurance):
1. CPR card
2. First Aid card
3. State Tour Guide certification (found here, here, or here)
4. Lifeguard Certification
5. Snorkel/Diver instructor
6. Second language speaker, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, or Spanish.
- Tour drivers need to have a good knowledge of the cultural and geological history of the island.
- Be flexible and available, there are days where there are no tours, days where we may have a lot of tours, and days where we get requests for tours at the last minute. We especially need drivers for the weekends.
- Tour drivers are required to carry on them at all times a Medical Certificate that is required by the DOT. It can be obtained at most clinics such as Straub Occupational Health.
- Be able to drive tour vans up to 15 passenger.
- Drivers are responsible for cleaning the vans after each tour.
- Drivers are issued a set of snorkel masks that they are required to sanitize and bring on each tour, a gas card, business cards, and name tag.
- Have a great personality, and be able to narrate to groups up to 13 people per van.